Why did a TIME TRAVELLER need this old IBM computer?
Could the John Titor story be true? Why did IBM refuse to comment for this video? How did he know the IBM’s secret feature? Check out http://PCBWay.com – great PCBs from $5!
👾 Become a supporter at http://patreon.com/perifractic or http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6gARF3ICgaLfs3o2znuqXA/join
🎧 Get the music: http://retrorecip.es/music
👕 Chrononaut Merch: http://perifractics-retro-recipes.creator-spring.com
🗨️ Full linktree: http://retrorecip.es/linktree
📕 Get the featured novel The Chrononaut now at: 🇺🇸https://amzn.to/3v92Qbv | 🇬🇧https://amzn.to/3aT54VC
• Halloween Computer: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp2380057.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3Dhalloween%2Bcomputer%26_sacat%3D0&campid=5338319429&toolid=20008
• More IBM 5100 info: http://oldcomputers.net
• John Titor archives: http://johntitor.com
• 8-Bit BTTF Theme by http://rakohus.bandcamp.com
• T-shirt courtesy http://IntoTheAM.com/perifractic
🛠 Get the tools I use: 🇺🇸http://amzn.to/2MKqdS2 | 🇬🇧http://amzn.to/30y05lg
1:17 My novel’s similarity
2:45 IBM 5100 intro
4:13 Titor’s beginnings
7:47 Titor’s motive
9:16 Why the IBM?
12:40 Ladyfractic trims her bush
13:32 All a hoax?
0:33 I hear your feedback that the 8-Bit “Back to the Future” music at the start is a little loud for some people. It was there for my usual retrocomputing demographic. Production values have improved a lot since this video’s release so please hit Subscribe and you’ll see some more fun stuff like this in … the future… (see what I did there?)
0:47 Apparently his name is pronounced “Tie-tor” not “Tee-tor” as in “TIme TravellOR” though I couldn’t find him to confirm or deny
• Steve at http://oldcomputers.net for the 5100 footage
• Larry Haber: http://haberlawoffice.com
• John Titor (where or whenever you are)
• Gardenside Prods. & Clue Detectives & Paradise Radio
• Special thanks to Ladyfractic & Puppyfractic:
• Get a big discount on Puppyfractic’s featured collar fitness/GPS tracker at http://bit.ly/periwhistle & a free Bark Box at http://bit.ly/barkyfractic!
SAUCES USED WITH THANKS
• Denis Polyakov: https://www.artstation.com/snarkcg
• Daniel Fishel: http://www.o-fishel.com
• Eddie Izzard
• Hoax Hunter website and John Hughston
• Universal Pictures
• Joseph Matheny
• Lwp Kommunikáció/Flickr CC BY-SA CC BY-SA
• Thomas Nguyen
• Wikipedia & Wikimedia Commons
• The Internet Archive
• Every attempt was made to contact copyright owners before including content. Very occasionally things can get forgotten in the excitement to release a video so please don’t hesitate to let me know if that is the case & I’ll put it right. All other media featured is marked as public domain on Google Images or used with written permission or shown under fair use law.
🚘 With free Tesla supercharging/discounted solar your better half can afford to buy you more retro gear!: http://bit.ly/teslafractic
SOME INGREDIENTS BY
• http://MattGrandis.net – website design
• http://twitter.com/_GazMarshall – some graphics
• http://youtube.com/Elwoz – colour palette cleanser
• http://PaulKitching3d.com – some 3D models
©️ All music & content copyright Perifractic’s Retro Recipes/Bideas LLC 1988-2020. All rights reserved.
*Some affiliate links may offer some peanuts to support this retrochannel but all opinions are 100% unbiased.
#retrocomputing #timetravel #ufos